Sunday, April 1, 2012

Kid's Meals: Faith's #1 Pet Peeve


OK, here's my first rant. I have a bone to pick with most chain restaurants. They assume all kids like to eat the same old junk. Three yucky fried chicken nuggets/strips, a hot dog, or mini-cruddy pizza, or one small "slider", mushy mac & cheese? These are not my idea of a great choices for a meal!! I almost never order food off the kid's menu, because the choices they provide stink!

Here, in my opinion, are the worst offenders: #1 TGI Fridays, #2 Applebee's, #3 IHOP, #4 Red Lobster.

In my opinion, here are the best: The Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden, Cracker Barrel, Outback, The Chicken or The Egg (better known to Jersey Shore residents as The Chegg if you don't live in the area, I feel bad for you. Cause The Chegg is AWESOME:).


I'd like to see more restaurants take note of kids with a more refined palette. Offer something that doesn't taste like cardboard and has some spice/kick to it. Just because we're young, doesn't mean are taste buds aren't working. Ugh.

Always remember my slogan, if it's Yum, eat some. Well, the opposite is also true. If it's not Yum, Don't eat Some.

3 comments:

  1. I'm a follower of your Mum's blog, and she mentioned you and your blog recently. I love your attitude towards food, it's such great attitude to have. Being a mum myself, I completely agree with your opinion regarding kid's menus in restaurants; the choice is not much better in the UK where I'm from. Keep trying new food, and expanding your horizons, and keep blogging about it so other kids know they're not alone in having a more refined palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Clare! I get mad when I see the gross stuff the restaurants want to serve kids. We're young, but not tasteless. Thank you so much for following me - Faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Yes, I wish more places realised that. I'm sure if kids had more choices they'd take them, rather than eating rubbish.

      Delete