Friday, July 6, 2012

Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant

I'm so excited to report that after wanting to get a taste of the menu at the Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant, down in Cape May, I am going to be able to go there for my birthday!!

Out of all the restaurants in Cape May, I want to review and visit the PSI the most. I have poured over every detail of their menu, and have already decided what I want to sample/order.

Here are a couple of pictures of the amazing restaurant, just killing it in their reviews:




As of this moment, here is what I intend to sample and review (in detail) from Executive Chef Carl Messick:

Appetizer: The truffle potato leek bisque, with smoked bacon, creme fraiche and micro herbs

Entree: the PSI surf& turf grilled hanger steak with local day boat scallops, truffle risotto, asparagus, bordelaise with a horseradish foam.

Dessert: I'm torn between the chocolate lava cake with rasberry reduction and the creme brulee. Still a bit undecided. Maybe, because it's my birthday, my parents will let me order both, to share!!

I simply can't wait to go- and then come back and post my review! Look for it in the very near future. Have any of you had the pleasure of eating there? Do you have a recommendation for me to sample? Until I can sample this amazing menu for myself, I will try and contain my excitement. Remember,Faith's #1 Rule, if it's not Yum, Don't Eat Some!!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so exciting. Talk about an extraordinarily nice Birthday dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. I hope this will be a great birthday celebration!

      Delete
  2. Hey kiddo, I think you have an excellent shot at getting to taste both of those desserts, since creme brule just happens to be your momma's favorite! You order one and I'll order the other xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo hoo Mommy! I can't wait to try these desserts. Love you. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Faith! I came from your mom's blog. I'm so excited for you to get to try such amazing food for your birthday! I'll be back to read your review :)

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Miss Kianwi! I hope to be posting a lot more this summer, because I have no school work to get done.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, that place looks amazing. The surf& turf grilled hanger steak with local day boat scallops sounds divine. Have an excellent birthday, and enjoy your meal out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Miss Clare- I am so excited. My mouth started to water, just looking at all of the pictures. I can't wait to try the truffle risotto! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah. I'm going to be waiting on the edge of my chair for your review! If you give it the thumbs up, I'll have to put it on my "to try" list!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete