Wednesday, April 2, 2014

B is for Banana Nut Bread


Good Morning! It's day two of the A-Z Challenge, Letter "B".  Every time we have a couple of bananas that go all brown and speckly,  my dad starts giving me the puppy dog eyes. I know what he wants. He wants me to whip up of some Banana Nut Bread. My sisters, however, prefer I shape the batter into Banana Nut Muffins.  Either way, they will nag and nag at me until I produce some. This recipe is so simple and quick, as long as I have all the ingredients on hand, I don't really mind making it for them. But, shhh! don't tell them that. I prefer they think they owe me big time. LOL

Faith's A Foodie for quick and easy Banana Nut Bread:

Ingredients:
2 cups of  sifted flour
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 cup of Crisco (or butter/marjarine whatever you prefer)
1/2 cup of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 egg whites beaten (it's lighter and less fattening using the egg whites, you may modify for a heavier version)
1/2 cup of nuts chopped (I prefer walnuts, but you can use whatever you like)
1 or 2 bananas, mashed

Grease and flour the bottom of a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Beat egg whites for two minutes.  Fold in all other ingredients (except nuts) Beat for an additional two minutes, then fold in the nuts.  Bake at 350 for 60 to 65 minutes. For muffins, use muffin pan lined with cups. Fill one/third full and bake until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. (Usually about 15 minutes in a convection oven which is what I use) Tastes best served warm and a nice slab of butter on top doesn't hurt either.

Remember, if it's yum, eat some. Enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. I love BNB. It is one of my favorite things to eat. I will have to save this recipe.

    Brandon Ax: Writer's Storm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad loves it so much too. He always wants me to make it!

      Delete
  2. I just copied and pasted your recipe. It sounds so delicious! Happy A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I love Banana Bread and this recipe sound so easy. I'm definitely going to try this one. I'll let you know how it turns out.

    The information you left for me yesterday was exactly what I needed. I'm planning on making the cheesecake this weekend. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to hear that. I really hope you enjoy that cheesecake as much as me and my classmates and teachers did. The banana bread is also so good. It's easy as heck but tastes like you put a whole lot more sweat into it, LOL.. Thank you so much for your comments, they are so encouraging!

      Delete