Friday, April 17, 2015

O is for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

          My dad's favorite type of cookies are oatmeal raisin. Therefore, I make them often. There is only one recipe that I use. Ironically, it is the recipe that is on the back of the Quaker Oats container. This is also one of the only recipes that I do not modify in one way,  shape, or form. It is a great recipe that creates some really good oatmeal raisin cookies!

Usually my cookies look a lot less perfectly
shaped than this. Mine are all different shapesand sizes.

INGREDIENTS:
    • 1/2 Cup(s) (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
    • 3/4 Cup(s) firmly packed brown sugar
    • 1/2 Cup(s) granulated sugar
    • 2 Eggs
    • 1 Teaspoon vanilla
    • 1-1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
    • 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
    • 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
    • 1/2 Teaspoon salt
    • 3 Cups of Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
    • 1 Cup of raisins


PREPARATION:
Heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, beat butter and the sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. These are actually some of my favorite deserts. I will try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies really do come out good! You will see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with your Dad. These are my favorite type of cookie also. Again, unfortunately, I can't have the regular flour or the oats. This is probably one of the things I miss most. In the past I used to use this very same recipe.

    ReplyDelete